Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Three is a Magic Number. An incredibly moving post written by an infertile social worker, helping a woman create an adoption plan for the child she just delivered. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Project: Liddy from The Unfair Struggle will be doing a 10 rules to protect your Facebook privacy in preparation for her Facebook presentation on December 15th. Each rule will include instructions on how to implement on your Facebook page.
- Connection: A reader without a blog asks: "Anyone out there dealing with both IF and ED? Know any resources or recommendations for maintaining my sanity? My husband suffers from severe ED. So in addition to pursuing treatment for that, we decided it was time (okay, it was past time) to also get help from a fertility specialist in order to have kids. Two years later, we've been through multiple IUI cycles and two IVF cycles with no success - and no real diagnosis. We've got "unexplained with minor male factor" - i.e. once the issue of not having sex was out of the picture, they've got no clue why things haven't worked out. So we're dealing with two extremely frustrating and saddening issues simultaneously. Just imagine how much worse those stupid "just relax or adopt and you'll get pregnant" comments are in my situation! Any help or true empathy appreciated." Leave her a comment below.
- Fundraiser: Fractured Rainbows is raising funds for a trip to Belarus where she will "teach these churches how to start special needs programs in their community and how to accommodate activities for all levels of ability and development." Head over and see if you can help her.
- Invite Only: All About the Boys and When's It Gonna be My Turn? is going invite only. If you want to keep reading, you can email her to get sent an invite.
- Visiting: Geohde writes that she "has landed stateside from the upside down continent and is having a IRL bloggy met up with Jen (here we go again). Bet this is the first time a blogger has come so far to say hi! Probably won't update much, but would love comment on what you're all up to, and/or Florida area catch up's."
- Research: Donor Insemination Research writes: "A research project examining the way in which the internet is used to facilitate donor insemination; to negotiate access to donor sperm, to establish kinship ties or as a support network, for example. The experiences of anyone invested in sperm donation are sought: this could be women/couples who have been recipients of donor sperm, children from donor sperm or the sperm donors themselves."
- Great Idea: Kim has some thoughts on how we can all take part in gathering with ALI bloggers the day after Blogher'10, no matter how far we are from New York. Please go over and let her know if you are interested or offer feedback.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- N from Two Hot Mamas is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- OM is struggling with the one-year-anniversary of discovering her daughter, E, died (October 30th) and E's birth (November 3). Please give her support.
- Julie's dad passed away on Saturday, and her husband is on his way from Afghanistan. Please stop by and offer condolences as she deals with this huge loss.
- Bagmomma's transfer is today for this FET. Go over and wish her good thoughts.
- Our Someday Family had her RE consultation yesterday and has a lot of stuff scheduled for the upcoming weeks.
- Our Journey, but Not Our Plan is having her 2nd LAP surgery today and they are removing a tube.
- Jendeis needs lots of hugs for a BFN after dIUI.
- None Today.
- Beth is 9 weeks pregnant! She has other family news, too, so go over and cheer/support.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle gave birth to triplet boys. Go over to wish her congratulations.
- What If's water broke on Sunday and she delivered her triplet girls that afternoon. The girls are on IV nutrition and getting help breathing. What If has developed pre-e but sounds like she's in good spirits.
Read and Support