Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Life and Love in the Petri Dish. Mo says it perfectly herself: "What bothers me probably most is that it is socially acceptable to put up self-congratulatory stickers of your family on your rear window, but it is not acceptable for us infertiles to discuss our reproductive struggles - and it is downright taboo to even mention pregnancy loss." How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Interview: STE is looking to interview people for a graduate school project. She writes: "I need to do a couple of short (half-hour-ish) or one longish interview (or a few 15-20ish minutes) for my qualitative class and have decided that this project will be focus on DBMs in academia, who were/are either working on graduate/PhD degrees or newly PhD-ed/employed/tenured when they experienced their loss. This is purely for practice, no publication, no obligation, and I have no professional skills whatsoever. But it would be totally anonymous and confidential. You can totally opt out at any time." Please help her out if you can.
- Question: E's Mama's husband has epilepsy and she is looking to connect with other women trying to balance getting support for him while raising their two year old. If you have resources, shoot her an email. She's feeling overwhelmed.
- Daily Update: There are currently 138 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- Kirtsy-able Posts Needed: Please send links to posts (your own or someone else's post that you've loved) to be Kirtsy'd--specifically people who have not been Kirtsy'd yet. I like to spread it out.
- Project: Mission Impossible? says this is the last shout out for those who would like to mix it up for a day in December and cross-pollinate. I do all the work, and YOU get to swap posts for a day and meet new readers. I would especially welcome those still in the trenches of IF or new to blogging to sign up.
- Store: Shannon from Musings of a Fat Chick has launched an Etsy shop called Student Loans Suck. It's under her username Shansterbaby. She's offering free shipping, and once she figures out how to offer discounts, there will be discounts for the ALI community.
- Article: Virginia was interviewed for an article about stillbirth in Pregnancy Today. Please click here to read it.
- Meet-up: LJ has to fly into Orlando on Tuesday for a wedding, but will be without Mr. Badger until Thursday. She'd love to see any local gals if there's time, so shoot her a message over at her blog.
- Event: Parenthood for Me, Inc. is gearing up for its First Annual Family Building Gala and Silent Auction in early spring. The first grants will be awarded in June 2010. They are looking for help to find silent auction items (value $100 or more) and table sponsors of $250. If you know of a company or individual who would like to advertise and support the event please email Erica at events(at)parenthoodforme.org.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Clio celebrated her birthday yesterday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- PJ celebrated her birthday yesterday too. Go over and eat some cake with her.
- Weebles Wobblog celebrated her birthday yesterday as well. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Are We There Yet is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- The Dragondreamer's Lair is celebrating her birthday next Sunday. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Liddy from the Unfair Struggle and E will be celebrating their anniversary. December 2nd.
- The Maybe Baby will be remembering Jovi and Isa on Saturday. Please keep her company this week.
- Momma of Two Angels is remembering her son Jonathan's due date on 12/1/09 as well as five months since she said hello and good bye.
- Inanna Journey is remembering William on the eight month anniversary of his death.
- Mountain Momma's water broke at 18 weeks 6 days and her child was born still while she was on vacation. Please go and support her.
- Forvever Reaching embarked on their very last chance IVF #3. It was cancelled on Sunday due to no fertilization of the five eggs retrieved. This ends their TTC journey and she and her partner are rebuilding their lives as a family of two. Please go give them support.
- After a beta that went down, G$ went in for more testing and got a much higher beta. An ultrasound shows two sacs, but no heartbeats yet. Please go wait with her until Friday when she has another ultrasound that will hopefully show what is going on.
- Julie got a BFN for IUI #4, and she's now headed for IVF.
- Mrs. Higrens' latest attempt at IVF changed to a natural cycle thanks to lack of egg production. She's taking out her frustration by baking - feel free to share your favorite holiday treats for inspiration.
- None Today.
- The Long Journey got a a first beta of 144!
- Losing Kara just got a positive beta.
- Still Life with Circles is having a boy!
- Heather got a BFP, but having some sharp pain that is making her nervous.
- Eve is having a boy and a girl!
- The expectant mother matched with I Can Haz Bebe? gave birth to a boy, Liam. Go wish all of them congratulations and give them all support.
- Please visit Deathstar to share her joy in becoming a mother.
- Cece gave birth to twin girls on November 29. Go wish her congratulations.
- Katie at Isn't TTC Supposed To Be Fun had baby A 6 weeks early on Thanksgiving through an emergency c-section. She and baby are great. Hopefully baby will be out of the level 2 nursery by the end of the week and home with his new family!
Read and Support