Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from The Other Shoe. A perfect post about Christmas and dreams delayed and how the author has been changed by parenthood. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Oooh! Another snow day. Sorry about this--LFCA is early again.
- Project: Heather of In This Storm and Julie of The Root of all Evel are brainstorming ideas for a new loss support web-site. Please stop by and brainstorm with them if you get a chance.
- Question: Miriam is looking for blogs and bloggers dealing with hypothyroidism, specifically Hashimoto's (bonus points for any blogs besides hers dealing with Hashi's and POF). After 8 months of yo-yo-ing hormone levels with dosage adjustments and little results to show for it, she's at her wits' end about where to go from here, or if she should seek a second opinion.
- Daily Update: There are currently 194 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- IComLeavWe: Today kicks off December's IComLeavWe. The list closes tonight if you still want to participate.
- Lucky Socks: Everyday Stranger received back the pair of lucky socks that have "seen three successful pregnancies and 4 babies in total (two of us used these socks, one person used an identical pair I bought at the same time)." She is putting it to a vote to determine the next recipient, though the one proviso is that the socks get returned at the end of that person’s journey and sent on to the next person. She writes: "I know we hear of stories of people who have had IVF any number of times, someone who just needs a break. The IF community can nominate someone, we vote (ergo that person knows that people are behind them) and I send on the socks." Go over to nominate people.
- Giveaway: Dee at I Got Out of Bed...for This? has 20 various brand new or like new infertility and pregnancy books to giveaway to anyone interested. Head over to her blog to view the titles and leave a comment on her blog post if you'd like any of the books sent to you on her dime. Happy holidays!
- If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Forums: Join the forums if you'd like additional access to the bulletin boards and other features. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- None Today.
- Wifey will be celebrating her very first blogoversary on Christmas Day, and remembering her Christmas losses. Head on over and offer a happy blogoversary hug.
- Creating Motherhood is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Slaying, Blogging, Whatever is celebrating her birthday next Friday. Go have a slice of cake with her.
- It Could Take Three Months is celebrating her birthday next Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- Suzy will be celebrating her birthday December 23. Go celebrate with her!
- Sue is struggling as she and CDE are coming up on the second anniversary of the loss of their twin boys. Christmas Day marks the beginning of the end when Sue's water broke at almost 20 weeks.
- Still Life with Circles is remembering Lucy this solstice on the year anniversary of her death and birth.
- None Today.
- After suffering five miscarriages, Jenn got a positive beta but learned at her third beta draw that her beta did not double and instead remained the same. She could use some support as she waits to figure out what's going on.
- Angie is struggling with a decision on whether to move on to IVF and could use a hug and some support.
- Miriam had a disappointing follow-up appointment with her RE and could use some support right now; her disagreeable thyroid and slow-moving doctor are leaving her frustrated and overwhelmed.
- Good Egg Hunting is happy to say that she's now at 34 weeks and still going strong. Still on bed rest but right now the main issue is that the baby is transverse (and she has a fibroid that may get in the way of vertex) so she may need a scheduled c-section.
- After a very scary bleeding incident on Monday, IfOptimist has been diagnosed with total previa, and is on bedrest for the time being.
- The Desire of My Heart got a positive!
- Exile In Kidville has two lines! Go over and hold your breath with her.
- Shelly at The Closet Infertile had an awesome first beta after her Clomid cycle.
- Babycakes is pregnant again! They have also moved to a new Wordpress blog at http://babycakesblog.wordpress.com/.
- Birds and Squirrels is being induced Tuesday night. Please think good thoughts for an uncomplicated delivery for baby Bird!
Read and Support