Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Crib Chronicles. An absolutely stunning post about her family's Christmas tradition to include the son who is gone. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- OT Question: I have to have a gum graft. Can anyone give me a sense of the pain/recovery time? The oral surgeon is blowing it off and saying it's nothing...but is it nothing? Leave a comment in the comment section below if you've had this surgery and can give me a sense of what the aftermath is like (eating, pain level, did you go to work, etc).
- Daily Update: There are currently 236 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Forums: Join the forums if you'd like additional access to the bulletin boards and other features. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- None Today (a lot added over the weekend).
- Tubeless in Seattle is celebrating her birthday next Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Baby, Interrupted is celebrating her birthday next Friday. Go have a piece of cake with her.
- Myndi's 34th birthday is Sunday, January 10th. Please come and celebrate with her!
- Jen turned 32 on Thursday. Go celebrate with her!
- Monday marks the day Thinking Miracles lost Blue. Please go give them support.
- Wednesday is the anniversary of Alana-ism's miscarriage. Please go give her support.
- Yesterday, Little Footprints was remembering Maddie on the 6 month anniversary of her death. Please give her support.
- Danifred had a post ready to publish with the exciting news that she was 11 weeks pregnant. But at the ultrasound, the baby only measured seven weeks. There was no heartbeat. Please give her love.
- Pamela Jeanne kicked off the New Year speaking plainly about the complex effects of infertility on ABC affiliate KXTV in Sacramento. You can view the video directly at this site or on the TV site (note: takes about 30-45 seconds to load in the upper right corner).
- Duck's GS was diagnosed with complete placenta previa at 19 weeks (it was from the ultrasound scan). She's pregnant with twins, and they are worried/terrified, looking for people with placenta previa experience, words of encouragement to calm them.
- Jem from Ambivalent Womb had her transfer yesterday for her FET. Stop by and wish her good thoughts for the WUB.
- It might not be a miscarriage for Jo at MoJo Working after all. Go hold her hand and think good thoughts for her as she waits for another u/s and b/w on Monday.
- Russell Family Adventures is having a difficult time with the adoption wait which comes as they continue to build their family. Their first children came after 4.5 years after struggling with infertility and welcoming twin boys. She is having a hard time with the waiting and uncertainty, and is feeling a lot like she did while they were trying-to-conceive the boys. She would appreciate any words of advice, support, or encouragement, and would love to connect with others who have been in a similar situation.
- Danielle writes: "My husband and I were supposed to meet a birthmother that we've been talking to for dinner last night. She never showed. We were stood up at Fatburger. Back to the drawing board and praying our match comes along soon." Please give her support.
- Tears Are For Babies's HSG showed clear, intact tubes and she has the green light to move ahead to the next IUI!
- Good Egg Hunting is happy to say that she's now at 34 weeks and still going strong. Still on bed rest but right now the main issue is that the baby is transverse (and she has a fibroid that may get in the way of vertex) so she may need a scheduled c-section.
- Puffer just found out she'll be staying in the hospital until she delivers her twins. She's only 32 weeks and 4 days, so she could have a long stay ahead of her. She'd love some company if you have a minute to spare.
- Breeder Beware is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy due to gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. Feel free to go tell her a joke.
- Mr Sunny reports that Sunny in Seattle has been admitted to the hospital with minor contractions. The twins are due in April, and they can use our good wishes for staying in a little longer. Sunny is reading our prayers and messages of support.
- Part of a Miracle (the GS for Expectant Duck) is on modified bedrest because of complete placenta previa.
- MeAndBaby got her BFP today. Please go celebrate with her!
- Sprogblogger is pregnant. Happy news in every way. Please go send congratulations as this road has been long, windy, and fraught with crapitude.
- Diary of a Stork Stalker saw the heartbeat!
- A Greater Yes has her first ultrasound today. Go give her good thoughts.
- None Today.
Read and Support