Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Wishing4One. The absolutely perfect post to whip out when someone insinuates how easy it is just to do fertility treatments. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Blog Closing: Penny is shutting down her blog after sharing her life with us since May of 2008. Please go wish her well in her life after IF. We'll miss you, Penny!
- Project: BionicMamas has started a new etsy site. Go support them.
- Project: Jess from After Iris has started a project making voice recordings of poems in memory of loved ones who have died. It can be your favourite poem or any other meaningful piece of writing by you or another person. The piece can be dedicated to a loved one of any age or relationship to you. With your permission the recordings will be posted the After Iris Reads Aloud blog.
- Thank You: Erica at PFM would like to thank everyone who donated and participated in Kym's fundraiser at I'm A Smart One. There will officially be a table sponsorship courtesy of the ALI community at the Family Building Dinner and Silent Auction in April. Erica would like to know if someone is interested in designing the sign to be displayed on the table. Contact her at info (at) parenthoodforme.org.
- Daily Update: There are currently 259 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- IComLeavWe: January's IComLeavWe kicks off today. Today is also the last day to get on the list for this month. So get your comment on!
- Lost Blogger: Courtney is looking for Faith from Mustard Seed Baby. Her blog hasn't been updated since July. Does anyone know where she is? Please either contact Courtney at Praying for a Little One or leave a note in the comment section below if you know how Faith is (or, if you're Faith yourself).
- Blog Closing: For The Flavor is ending her blog. Go over and wish her a fond farewell!
- Activism: To Baby and Beyond states, "We need the help of all Michigan residents. They are proposing 6 bills that are going to make infertility treatment more expensive, harder and we will lose our privacy. They voted today in a committee and it passed and they are expecting it to go to the Senate for a vote. Please let your voice be heard and email, call, or fax your Senator and let them know how ridiculous these bills are. You can go to my blog or to RESOLVE for more information. Thank you for your help!"
- Project: The Steadfast Warrior is starting a new weekly photo challenge and is hoping people will join in. Check out her post, grab your camera and have some fun!
- Projects: Finding Family with Empty Arms writes: "Lost Stork Foundation was 'birthed' through Meghan and Charles' personal struggles with infertility. After hearing many stories from couples who desire to have a family and yet the cost of treatments or adoption fees stand in the way of making their dreams becoming a reality, steps were taken and Lost Stork was founded. Although still in the 'infancy' stages, we hope to begin helping couples sooner than later. We are putting together a cookbook to include recipes all over the world!" You can get more information on their blog on how to participate and help get this new foundation off the ground. They will be collecting recipes over the next few months.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Forums: Join the forums if you'd like additional access to the bulletin boards and other features. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- None Today (more added over the weekend).
- (Not so) Evil Clomid is celebrating her birthday on Saturday. And after a hard year, she could use some birthday love. Comments can still be left on her old blog, and it would be nice to flood her with love.
- My Many Blessings is also celebrating her birthday on Saturday. Go over and give her good thoughts--she'll also receive them on her old blog and maybe it will kick her ass to start posting again.
- Tireegal is celebrating her 42nd birthday on Friday. She's feeling a bit old and not sure what to make of it all as she ponders life a bit beyond 40 and hopes for a BFP to smooth the wrinkles.
- Stacey's Thoughts on Infertility is celebrating her birthday on Monday. Go sing her a little song.
- Child of G-d is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go eat a piece of cake with her.
- An Unwanted Path is celebrating her birthday on January 30th. Go sing her a little song.
- Happy birthday to Once a Mother who turned 30 this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Sunday, January 24th is the two year anniversary of Zoë's death. Please support Allison this weekend.
- None Today.
- My Grasp at Sanity has her homestudy today. Go give her good thoughts.
- Slice of Pie is hopefully having her retrieval this weekend. Go give her good thoughts.
- No, I'm Not Pregnant, Just Fat had a great first appointment with the new RE!
- Steps to Baby is celebrating because her TSH levels have come down!
- Life in the CatPad could quite simply use a hug.
- Below Average Athlete is gearing up for her FET in early February. Go give her good thoughts.
- Our Family Beginnings had to put down her cat, Furley, on Thursday. Please go over and flood her with love.
- Meim of Tears Are For Babies is feeling like she's drowning in the middle of her 81st cycle for TTC#2.
- Good Egg Hunting is now 38 weeks and the baby is now vertex -- so they're on labor watch, waiting for the baby to make an entrance on his own.
- Breeder Beware is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy due to gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. Feel free to go tell her a joke.
- Sunny in Seattle is out of the hospital and back home.
- Part of a Miracle (the GS for Expectant Duck) is on modified bedrest because of complete placenta previa.
- BB is on bedrest with her twins because of cervical shortening and contractions.
- After losing her dear Will at 24.5 weeks, Eve is on continued bedrest until further notice with his twin, Abby. She is hoping and praying she will be okay and could use some company while she rests.
- Good news for Saucy Ova. They saw the heartbeat. Go over and celebrate with her.
- Life, Family, and the Pursuit of Sanity has her first ultrasound today. Please go give her good thoughts.
- Puffer made it 35.5 weeks and is being induced today. The baby fishies will likely be here by the time you read this. Head on over to congratulate her!
- Bree and Michelle from Project Kjetil welcomed Rilo just after midnight on the 21st! Go wish them congratulations.
Read and Support