Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Offbeat Mama. A fantastic post giving a response to the most common reactions she gets when she reveals that she is a queer mama. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Question: Somewhat Ordinary is looking for information about acupuncture and recurrent miscarriage. Her friend is seeing a TCM doc as she begins trying, but he has only practiced for 3 years and has only worked with people with diagnosed infertility as opposed to someone who gets pregnant easily, but miscarries often. She would like to continue acupuncture through the pregnancy for stress etc. If you have information, could you email Somewhat Ordinary?
- Book Club: Eva, at the Egg Drop Post, is starting a virtual book club, which will focus on adoption stories. For the month of March, The Ultimate Adoption Book Club will read The Blind Side: Evolution of A Game, by Michael Lewis. Please click here for more details.
- Raffle: Bon writes: "I am holding a raffle starting on Monday, February 15th to benefit our international adoption fund. Every Monday I will feature a new prize that you can buy tickets through our paypal button to win. Prizes range from handmade cards to spa packages! Check back every Monday to see a new raffle prize and on Sundays to see if you've won. The raffle website is here. Also if anyone would like to contribute an item or service to our adoption raffle please email me! We will keep the raffle going as long as there are items to win!
- Daily Update: There are currently 280 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- Giveaway: Stirrup Queens is holding her annual Purim basket giveaway. Go comment on other people's blogs in order to enter a big box of cookies and candy and our maudlin family letter. And lots of great blog posts to read by clicking through the comment section.
- Television: Set your DVRs. Shelby will be on the Weekend Edition of Good Morning America on Saturday 2/13 talking about her experience with infertility.
- Project Site: A blogger writes: "FertilitySocks seems to be a fledgling blog that is trying to send FREE socks to anyone that is struggling with IF. HELLO?!? They ask for (but don't demand) donations. This is similar to the annual SITM."
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Forums: Join the forums if you'd like additional access to the bulletin boards and other features. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Putting the Fun in Infertility (IF and cancer)
- No Suzy Homemaker (non-IF blog written by an Iffer)
- My Infertility Woes (general IF)
- Artful Starfish (non-IF blog written by an Iffer)
- Misfit Mrs (recurrent loss, MTHFR)
- The ALI Alias (advice site)
- Sunny of Sunny in Seattle is turning 30 this week. She is on complete bedrest and can't eat cake because of gestational diabetes, so she could use some extra cheer!
- Frenchie celebrates her birthday on Wednesday and her blogoversary on Thursday!
- Please abide with Jendeis as she reaches her unfulfilled due date on the 13th and the end of a 2ww several days later.
- Sara at Of Course You'll Get Pregnant lost her auntie last night. Please go give her love.
- Find Joy Now could use some support as she's in limbo land trying to decide what step to take next in this journey.
- Dreaming of Quiet Places could use a hug.
- Hoping for a Baby could use some support as she waits for an emergency ultrasound after seeing blood.
- Heart Cries celebrated the finalization of her son's adoption on Tuesday. Go wish them congratulations!
- Megan's transfer has been postponed to Friday because there are so many good embryos!
- After losing her dear Will at 24.5 weeks, Eve is on continued bedrest until further notice with his twin, Abby. She is hoping and praying she will be okay and could use some company while she rests.
- Breeder Beware is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy due to gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. Feel free to go tell her a joke.
- Sunny in Seattle is out of the hospital and back home.
- Part of a Miracle (the GS for Expectant Duck) is on modified bedrest because of complete placenta previa.
- BB is on bedrest with her twins because of cervical shortening and contractions.
- IF Optimist is recovering well from her emergency cerclage. Her doctor has hinted that after a few more weeks of bedrest she may be able to come off of it. She's asking for "any good series YOU recommend [she] order from Netflix".
- Mijke is out of the hospital and back at home on bedrest, hoping to hold off labor a while longer.
- Adding Peas to Our Pod is on bedrest due to a tear in the placenta, with scary bleeding and contractions at 23 weeks.
- After two separate hospital stays last week due to wonky blood pressure, Tara at Divine Secrets of the Infertility Sisterhood is on bedrest at home until the 15th when she has an induction scheduled (39 weeks).
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- None Today.
Read and Support