Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: None Today.
- Reminder: While I list blog changes and moves on the LFCA, you need to also send an email if you want it changed on the big blogroll because I update these two spaces with two very different systems. PSA for the day...
- Project: IComLeavWe for February kicks off on Sunday, which means the list also closes that day. Last chance to join along for this month.
- Project: Msfitzita has set up a Facebook group and is hoping to get 5000 members by March 9th, pledging to do random acts of kindness in memory of her son, Thomas. A link to the group is on her blog. Spread the word!
- Activism: From Resolve--"The Michigan Senate is getting ready to vote on some of the worst bills we have ever seen. Do you want the Michigan government to monitor the number of eggs women produce in infertility treatment? Do you want the Michigan government to track the number of embryos you have, and how you choose to use them in treatment and afterwards? Do you think it should be reported to the Michigan government if you have a miscarriage? These are unfair intrusions for infertility patients. Please, drop whatever you are doing and click this link now to join RESOLVE in opposing the bills that would make these intrusions the law. People with infertility in Michigan deserve the same respect, options, and privacy as patients in other states. For details on the bills, including a link to the bill language, visit the RESOLVE website. Every voice helps and if we have a huge flood of letters, it could make all the difference.
- Blog Closing: Down Under has put a last post and plans to delete her blog in a few weeks. Go wish her well.
- Blog Change: My Journey To Mommyhood has changed her blog name to Connecting the Dots & has also gone private due to family drama. You can send her an email at treasurethelittletimes at hotmail dot com for an invite.
- Blog Move: Our Story is moving from pcostory2009.blogspot.com. The new address will be pcostory.wordpress.com.
- Book Giveaway: Kara from The Unsinkable Kara McGee says,I have several infertility books that will be sent to the first email (firstname.lastname@example.org) I receive, I will even pay for shipping. I just want these to go to a good home. The books are Taking Charge of Your Fertility, Infertility - Learn to take charge of your condition, Fertility Wisdom, and
- Advice: Webers in Action is looking for support and information as they decide between adoption and donor gametes. Please help them if you can.
- Advice: After another BFN, MusicMakerMomma is wondering what direction to go with four failed DE IVF cycles under her belt, and no explanation besides bad luck. If anyone has ideas for testing please help her out!
- Daily Update: There are currently 283 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Forums: Join the forums if you'd like additional access to the bulletin boards and other features. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Missing Drew (older child death; parent of multiples)
- Lonely Uterus Baby Thoughts (IUI/IVF)
- Determined to Have Joy (on a break)
- Evolutionary Dead End? (pg loss)
- Living Life Out Loud (donor egg)
- Mrs. Spock's blogoversary is next Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Nh is celebrating her birthday on Friday. And in additional news, she has an appointment with a social worker next Tuesday as a follow up to their adoption prep course. Fingers crossed that the social worker was impressed enough that they can move forward.
- Delenn celebrated the 20th anniversary of meeting her husband this week. Go wish them congratulations.
- A Family with Ann Ovulation is celebrating her one-year blogoversary. Go wish her congratulations.
- It's Bump Fairy's birthday. Go sing her a little song.
- DrSpouse is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Kairos at Missing Drew is quickly approaching the one year anniversary of her son's death next week on the 25th. He was three years old and is survived by his twin. While the blogroll used to go up to infant loss, I've included Kairos because she wants to be included, because her words should not go unheard during this time when she needs support, and because there is a lot of support this community can offer. Please welcome Kairos and give her support over this next week.
- Barren Babe has had a miscarriage. Please lend her some support.
- Cool site was added to the blogroll, but is too established for the "new blog" category. The Broken Brown Egg's goal is to "start the dialogue and encourage African American women to talk about this topic so that women who are dealing with infertility won't feel so alone, through humor, activism, and hope."
- Fran got a BFN for this IVF cycle, and she could use some hugs.
- Chasing that Dream has been getting increasingly sick since becoming foster parents. This has raised suspicions of autoimmune involvement. While she is dealing with illness, she and her husband have had two young children placed with them for long term fostering, and would love thoughts and prayers that they might be placed with them permanently.
- After losing her dear Will at 24.5 weeks, Eve is on continued bedrest until further notice with his twin, Abby. She is hoping and praying she will be okay and could use some company while she rests.
- Breeder Beware is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy due to gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. Feel free to go tell her a joke.
- Sunny in Seattle is out of the hospital and back home.
- Part of a Miracle (the GS for Expectant Duck) is on modified bedrest because of complete placenta previa.
- BB is on bedrest with her twins because of cervical shortening and contractions.
- Mijke is out of the hospital and back at home on bedrest, hoping to hold off labor a while longer.
- Adding Peas to Our Pod is on bedrest due to a tear in the placenta, with scary bleeding and contractions at 23 weeks.
- Our Lives Forever Changed announced that she is 9 weeks pregnant with Gracie's big sister. She is starting a new blog to chronicle this pregnancy and rainbow baby at A Rainbow on the Horizon.
- Our Own Creation just announced that after a successful transfer in December, she is 12 weeks pregnant. While she is nervous about early congratulations, you can go over and send her much love.
- Infertility My Arch Nemesis has blogged for the first time in years to announce she is pregnant. Welcome her back and give her your good wishes!
- Baby Interrupted got a BFP!
- The Impatient Optimist has has a positive pee stick!
- Our Surrogacy Adventure got to see that Cletus is in the correct place in Sabrina's uterus and measuring 3 days ahead of schedule! Go wish all of them--IPs and surrogate--congratulations.
- The Tragic Optimist is finally pregnant with her second BUT they are not announcing it on her blog yet (she is only announcing it in the LFCA due to readership on her blog). So please leave your congratulations on this LFCA post in the comment section and she'll collect them from here.
- Happy-Go-Lucky is pregnant! Go wish her congratulations.
- Meegs and Travis welcomed their beautiful daughter, Gwenivere Mae, on February 16th. Please stop by and congratulate them!
- The Life of Liv gave birth to a healthy baby boy on Valentine's Day. Mother and Baby are doing fantastic.
Read and Support