Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Dreams and False Alarms. An absolutely gorgeous and brilliant post about coming to terms with using donor gametes to build their family. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Project: The IComLeavWe list for March is now open.
- Project: Parenthood for Me is extending the deadline for their blog entry/essay contest to March 31. There has been very little response. Erica hopes to use personal stories to help educate people on adoption, loss, and infertility. Use a favorite post. Rules, etc. are posted on the blog.
- Project: Megan Joplin writes: "I'm a photographer living and working in New York City. I am currently working on a photo series on women who have experienced recurrent miscarriage. I just posted the first two photos of the series, The Miscarriage Diaries on flickr. More information can be found here. If anyone is interested in participating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you!"
- Project: Heather has kicked off an Open Adoption Blogger Interview Project for the month of March. Everyone with a connection to/interest in openness in adoption is invited to join in! Bloggers will be paired off to interview one another on their blogs. A great opportunity to meet new writers and readers! Registration deadline is 3/5.
- Blog Change: Sonja has upgraded and renamed her blog "Don't Scare Easy" to "The Mud and the Lotus." Please note the new blog address.
- Daily Update: There are currently 290 participants on the Creme de la Creme 2009 list.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Forums: Join the forums if you'd like additional access to the bulletin boards and other features. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- None Today (more added hopefully tomorrow).
- Busted Plumbing turns 30 on March 2nd! Go sing her a little song.
- Finding Her Way is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Melissa at So it Goes celebrated her birthday last Thursday. Go over and have a slice of cake with her.
- My Grasp On Sanity celebrated her 5th wedding anniversary on Friday.
- Mrs. Muelly is remembering Brayden next Saturday. Please go give her support.
- Nat will also be remembering Devin on Saturday, the anniversary of his death. Please go give her support.
- Raspberry Chip (formerly Diary of a Miscarriage) is remembering her first baby, lost three years ago today.
- Anona-mom from The Best Seat in the House is having mixed feelings; joy to have reached 16 weeks and still be pregnant, sad this week was the due date of the last baby she lost, and realizing this new baby is due the same week she lost the last baby.
- After the loss of her daughter in 2008, Kara was cautiously expecting again. Her husband has recently admitted to having an affair and left home. Just a few days later, on 2/14, she went into labor and delivered her baby girl who lived for one minute. She really could use a lot of support.
- An Unexpected Life found out that she and her husband have been matched with an expectant mother that is due in July!
- Ann's beta was 8. She could really use some support.
- Clio made the difficult decision not to pursue the adoption of her daughter's biological brother. Go give her a big hug.
- Maredsous is seeing pee-stick bfns after doing her second donor egg cycle. Her beta is Monday. Please give her support.
- I.V.Effed had 11 eggs retrieved in the middle of a city-wide power outage. Wish her luck with this cycle!
- Open Adoption Examiner has reached 100 posts! Go find one you like and leave a comment as a present for Lori (of Weebles Wobblog).
- Hope and Despair Mingled Together reached her 100th post.
- Nicole from Holding Onto Hope recently discovered her unborn child has skeletal dysplasia, and she has been given very scary odds about her daughter's life. Please stop by and give her support as she begins this rocky journey.
- After losing her dear Will at 24.5 weeks, Eve is on continued bedrest until further notice with his twin, Abby. She is hoping and praying she will be okay and could use some company while she rests.
- Breeder Beware is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy due to gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. Feel free to go tell her a joke.
- Sunny in Seattle is out of the hospital and back home.
- Part of a Miracle (the GS for Expectant Duck) is on modified bedrest because of complete placenta previa.
- BB is on bedrest with her twins because of cervical shortening and contractions.
- Mijke is out of the hospital and back at home on bedrest, hoping to hold off labor a while longer.
- Adding Peas to Our Pod is on bedrest due to a tear in the placenta, with scary bleeding and contractions at 23 weeks.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Urban Myth is here! Go congratulate Ms.J on her second beautiful daughter.
Read and Support