Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- IComLeavWe: IComLeavWe begins this weekend on Saturday. I will be slow to add new people to the list over the weekend because we are going to be ensconced in some offline activities. Therefore, be patient. You will get on the list if you sign up before 11 p.m. EST on Saturday.
- Business and Offer: Calliope and LJ, two members of the ALI community have joined forces to start their own web design firm Plaid House Designs. From now until September 30th, they are offering great discounts for readers of the LFCA hoping to redesign their blogs: get a custom personal blog button for your site for $20, a $50 header for $35, social media buttons (includes Twitter, Facebook, & RSS feed buttons) + a twitter background for $75, and a total blog overhaul at a 5% discount. They also do blog bling and tons of web & graphic design for everyone from personal bloggers to big companies. If you have a project that you want them to work on, email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention LFCA in the subject to receive the discount.
- Lost Blogger: A blogger writes, "Katie at (Not) Coming to a Uterus Near You is gone. Blogger is telling me 'the blog you are looking for was not found.' I've tried a few times, in case it was a blip, but the whole thing appears to be gone. Most unexpected. Anyone know anything? Katie? Katie?"
- Research: [editor's note: Cannot vouch for this study, but was approached by the student who asked if she could list this here.] Heather Hanney writes, "If you are a woman between the ages of 18 and 45 currently undergoing treatment for infertility, you are invited to participate in a research study to evaluate the impact of infertility on your personal and emotional well being. Participants are being asked to complete a brief survey available online or in paper form. Your participation will benefit the areas of medicine and counseling as well as other women and couples experiencing infertility. To take the survey online simply use the provided link. If you would prefer a paper copy please contact me. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Hanney, Ed.S., LMHC at 561-319-8299 or email@example.com, by September 30, 2010."
- Organization's Program: MyDestinationFamily writes: "So what exactly is embryo donation? Because embryo donation can be a challenge for some to understand, we’re offering you the opportunity to ask your embryo donation questions AND get a personalized video answer straight from RESOLVE’s Executive Director Barb Collura. Please fill out the form to participate in our “So what exactly is embryo donation?” Q&A video project. A select number of questions will be chosen for personalized video responses, which will be posted on RESOLVE’s YouTube channel, MyDestinationFamily.org and across RESOLVE’s Twitter and Facebook pages."
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- None Today (more added over the weekend).
- The Adventures of Tader Baby is celebrating her blogoversary on Friday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Here We Go Again is celebrating her blogoversary on Saturday.
- Waiting no More should be holding a baby boy in her arms but sadly will be remembering her little nugget's unfulfilled due date. Please go give her some love and support.
- Sam and Phil's sweet baby boy Benjamin passed away today in India, joining his twin brother in heaven. Please, please, go say few prayers with his devastated parents as they continue to grieve their little miracles.
- Heidi is holding a dear friend's hand through some scary health stuff and she's pretty concerned herself. She could use some positive thoughts right now.
- Justina is frustrated and could use some support.
- Jodie is getting ready to start IVF cycle
- Jen had a rescue cerclage at 27 weeks and is now in the hospital on bedrest for the duration.
- Minta is on modified bedrest after finding out she has pregnancy induced hypertension and will be induced in the next week.
- Amy is on modified bed rest at 27 weeks with twins and is having trouble understanding and dealing with her 3-year-old's behavior. Any wisdom, insight, or advice would be appreciated!
- Emily has been put on modified bedrest with her twins.
- Salvageable is pregnant and could use support because as she writes, "a pretty big deal for a RPL girl."
- KK found out that Logan is showing less growth than the time frame would require and the odds are good that they will meet him earlier than 39 weeks. She could use some real good thoughts!
- Barreness is pregnant. She is excited but nervous - beta is Friday.
- None Today.
Read and Support