Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Art: Sept 30-Oct23rd, Artist Monica Wiesblott presents her deeply personal images of infertility at Gallery 255 in Ventura, CA. Photographs, printmaking and assemblage combine to reflect literally and symbolically a life left infertile after years struggling to conceive, and its emotional toll.The images range from quiet and painterly to bold and vivid personal storytelling. Ms Wiesblott says “The inspiration for the show was not only the discovery of my own infertility, but the silence surrounding it. The longstanding stigma of shame has made us a silent tribe of women.” Wiesblott examines the quiet reflections of a life without children, in a child-centric world and what it means to navigate daily in those constraints.
- Project: How are you "thoughtful" on a Tuesday? A new weekly series of sharing how we are thankful, thoughtful, or thinking. Share your story over at Reproductive Jeans.
- Question: Rambler is looking for any other bloggers with experience taking DHEA as a supplement for DOR or egg quality. If you have any helpful stories or advice, she'd love to hear it!
- Radio: Creating a Family Sept 1: Unexplained infertility. Unexplained infertility is the hardest for most patients to accept. Join our guest, Dr. Isaac Glatstein, Associate Medical Director of the Reproductive Science Center of New England, to learn more about unexplained infertility and treatment options. Creating a Family can be heard either at the radio page of www.CreatingaFamily.com or downloaded as a free podcast from iTunes.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- None Today.
- No Baby Ruth is celebrating her birthday on September 1st. Go sing her a little song.
- Our Own Creation will be celebrating their anniversary on September 4th. Go wish them congratulations.
- Amanda is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary!
- Michele has simultaneously reached her second blogoversary and 600 posts!
- Today is Rain Child and McRuger's second anniversary! Go and celebrate with them!
- Rachel just got married. Send her your congratulations!
- Dale and Hannah's lives changed forever, when their son, Everett was stillborn at 37 weeks on March 1, 2009. Now, after healing from their loss, they have started the road of infertility after a year of TTC.
- Tiffany was mourning her second loss this year and discovered she was pregnant for the third time. She found out on Monday that her HCG levels are decreasing and she could use lots of love and support right now.
- InDueTime is trying to gain temporary custody of her niece to save her from a horrible situation. Please read about it and help if you feel so moved.
- After a bout with ovarian cancer (resulting in a complete hysterectomy) Lyndsie and Daniel recently announced that they are awaiting the arrival of a gorgeous baby girl, whom they plan on adopting. Prayers and well wishes that it will all go smoothly are appreciated.
- Jo has just hit day 1 of her "test" cycle. Fingers crossed that all the tests and test results from this month go well, with no major problems discovered. She would love some advice and support from the "old hands" whom have already gone through these tests.
- My Mommy Moments has received a poor prenatal diagnosis, and is having a rough time. Please stop by an offer her some support.
- The Infertile Breeder successfully defended her dissertation this week! Congratulations!
- Yes, We're Parents' mother was recently diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor so they have been walking a very difficult path lately and could use some love.
- CW at My Path to Insanity and Beyond is really struggling to stay positive after her FET and could really do with some love and support.
- Heather had a BFN for this cycle.
- Jodie's IVF cycle got converted to an IUI after slow follie growth.
- Shannon isn't going to be able to cycle this month and could use some hugs.
- Coco is enjoying a new car and the start of a new TWW.
- Jen had a rescue cerclage at 27 weeks and is now in the hospital on bedrest for the duration.
- Amy is on modified bed rest at 27 weeks with twins and is having trouble understanding and dealing with her 3-year-old's behavior. Any wisdom, insight, or advice would be appreciated!
- 3 days after her missed due date, Amanda got a positive HPT. She now has a handful of positive tests and is cautiously optimistic.
- Bunny just got a positive HPT. Go give her a big congratulations!
- It's twins for Such a Good Egg! She has seen two heartbeats!
- Noelle finally got to bring Baby B home! She could still use all our love and support and she anxiously navigates motherhood with a still-very-small preemie.
Read and Support