Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Workshop: Jes at Baby Steps to Motherhood has organized and is offering a Fertility Wellness Workshop in NYC on June 18. The workshop is for women who have had difficulty conceiving, who have attempted IUI, IVF or DE or for any woman how has experienced a pregnancy loss. Four practitioners will present ways in which to relieve stress, offer nutritional, health and wellness tips, info on acupuncture and reproductive health, as well as fertility yoga and mind/body meditation. The event is to offer wellness support to those on their path to motherhood.
To register or for more information, please email Jes at email@example.com.
- Giveaway: A Field of Dreams is having an awesome book giveaway for the IF community. The Infertility Handbook by Angela Hutchins. This is the essential reference book for couples diagnosed with infertility. It covers everything from understanding your reproductive cycle to what your options are if a biological child is not possible. The causes of infertility — both male and female — are examined, treatment options are explained, and a wide range of support services are included.
- Advice: Kathy at Four of a Kind's sister and brother-in-law are preparing to celebrate the first anniversary of their daughter's Homecoming Day next week! They are looking for ideas and suggestions (from fellow adoptive parents, family members, friends of and/or adoptees) in regards to developing annual traditions for this special day. They are also looking for recommendations for age appropriate board books about adoption to read with their toddler. Please share your thoughts and recommendations in the comment section of this post. Thank you!
- Project: Sunnydaytodaymama is hosting Sharing Hope, a weekly link collection to share images and words of hope with IF friends and anyone who has some hope to share or is needing hope. Sunnymama would love others to join in and add their links or just call by with support as she tries to find hope again after another failed IVF cycle.
- Conversation: Interesting conversation going on over at Baby for 1 in response the recent British Columbia courts decision to overturn sperm donor anonymity.
- Organization: Lisas Stars is an organisation providing knitted blankets and hats to babies born sleeping between 16-23 weeks gestation due to the lack of these items being available at hospitals throughout the UK. Lisas Stars are continually looking for donations of wool as well as small teddies, candles as well as knitted blankets and hats. If you would like to knit or donate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daily Creme Update: There are currently 306 participants on the Creme de la Creme list (and 370 total currently in the queue to get on the list). The list is now closed. Make sure to check back often as new posts will go up daily.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Slowmamma (parenting after loss)
- One Wheeler's World is celebrating their anniversary on Friday. Go wish them congratulations.
- A Longing Fulfilled is celebrating her blogoversary on Friday. Go wish her congratulations.
- OnceAMother is celebrating her two year blogoversary with a week of giveaways. Be sure to pop over and check them out.
- None Today.
- Ali is having her 3rd miscarriage after her second fresh IVF cycle. Please surround her with support and love!
- Lynn is going to need a lot of support over the coming months as she endeavours to lose 30 lbs. Her RE has stated that they can start talking treatment options once she has lost this weight. After 7 1/2 years TTC without any luck, she and The Hubs are eager to start the next leg of the journey!
- After having an uterine septum resection on 4/28, Bring on the Babies... is going back on 5/24 (Tuesday) to see if it is fully gone. If it is, she will continue BCP and anticipate starting IVF the middle of June. If it is not gone, she will need more surgery and will have another 2 month wait. Prayers needed!
- Being Barren is feeling very alone right now and could use some extra love.
- Surly Mama is having quite the TWW! First her car was stolen and then she got into a minor car accident while borrowing a friend's truck. She could use any spare positive energy you have as she waits to find out if her latest IUI was successful.
- Hillary would appreciate thoughts, prayers, and especially any advice for bedrest following a cerclage. She is concerned and confused as this is her first time for both.
- New Bedrest Babes:
- My (hopeful) Journey to Motherhood is 32 weeks along and her doctor has put her on bedrest for the remainder of her pregnancy. This single mama to be could use some company so stop on over and show her some support.
- After 2 unsuccessful fresh IVF cycles, and moving onto FET #1, Jacksmom is pregnant with number 2 (maybe 3 as well)! The first two betas look great!
- Wahna Bea Mama got her first ever BFP from DE IVF and recently found out it's twins! Stop by and congratulate her.
- Hope has given birth to baby Quinn. Go wish her congratulations.
- Manda and her husband just finalized the adoption of their son Xavier on 5/17/2011. Go celebrate this huge event with her!
- Anxious Mummy gave birth to Kelly on May 11. Congratulations!
- Selkie's baby Foxie arrived on May 9th and he's a little cutie pie!
- Shannon's precious little Chiquitito finally made his appearance on May 12.
Read and Support