Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- IComLeavWe: the August list is now open. The list will not be updated between August 3rd and August 6th, but any entries left during that time will go up on the 7th.
- Anniversary of the LFCA: August 4th is the 4th anniversary of the LFCA.
- Cyclesista: It's that time again! The latest cyclesista post is up. Visit to support bloggers who are actively cycling this month, or to add your own blog to the list.
- Project: If you've ever wondered just HOW open adoption can work, when all you "know" is closed adoption, you'll want to click over to WriteMindOpenHeart.com. Lori Lavender Luz is hosting a bloghop responding to questions about open adoption posed by an adoptee raised in the closed-adoption era. Click over to read the Q&A and to add your thoughts and linky to the mix, by August 31.
- Project: Onceamother has started something new (and fun!) on her blog. As a way to celebrate the children who have come into this community after loss, she has started the Friday Rainbow Baby Blog Rodeo. Be sure to check it out and join the fun!
- BlogHer: Kristin @ Dragondreamer's Lair is organizing a lunch get together at BlogHer '11. Head over to her blog to link up and get the info.
- Business: Lynn at Wistfulgirl's World is now a Thirty-One Consultant! If you're looking for really cute, personalized handbags, wallets, diaper bags, backpacks or organizational products, head over to her online store and place an order! Better yet, you'll be contributing to her treatment/adoption fund and getting something really sweet for yourself!
- Exhale Magazine: Exhale Magazine's Summer 2011 Issue is here! This issue's theme focuses on "Time as the Enemy. Time as the Friend." For those of you not familiar with Exhale, it is an online literary magazine for those who have lost babies and those who have trouble getting or staying pregnant. Please click over and take a look a the wonderful essays, poetry, book review and new "Exhaling with Our Editor" feature in our Summer Issue that was just released this week!
- Vote: Several ALI bloggers have made their way onto Babble's Top 100 list of Mom Blogs and are aiming for the Top 50. And good news -- you can vote for as many as you'd like. Currently, look for Write Mind Open Heart and Here We Go A Jen (in 80-something spots) and Once a Mother (in the 50s). Note that rankings will go down as you vote these bloggers up. Thanks for your thumbs up votes!
- Book Club: The Ladies in Waiting Book Club is looking for guest bloggers to write guest posts during the month of August. We're focusing on infertility topics relating to emotional health such as: dealing with loss and grief; pregnancy among infertile friends; advice for family and friends about how to positively support an infertile loved one, etc. If you are interested in contributing, please contact the editor, Kim via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project: The 3six5 project is lining up a writer for each day of 2012. Several ALI bloggers have already submitted to participate in a "crowdsourced journal of the year 2012." Entries are not necessarily about ALI, but about telling your story on your day in light of what's going on in the world that day. Click over if you want to know more or if you're ready to apply.
- Activism: My Hopeful Journey is asking that you write a letter in support of the Family Act 2011, the Infertility Tax Credit. Many women don't have insurance coverage for infertility treatment.. this is a great start to getting some financial support for infertility related expense. Please take a few minutes to send a letter and ask others to do the same!
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Dear Infertility (unexplained IF)
- A Miracle in the Works (female factor/DOR)
- On the Road Again (secondary IF)
- Elana from Elana's Musings celebrated her 3rd blogoversary on July 20th! Go and celebrate with her.
- Lorelei had a birthday last Tuesday. Go sing her a little song.
- JustHeather celebrated 35 years on July 28th. It's been 3 years since JustHeather started blogging her adventures at BattleFish and she's loving it more than ever.
- BreAnna celebrated her birthday on Thursday. Drop by and share your well wishes for her next year!
- This is a difficult time for The Road Less Travelled. August 5th was the day she learned that her daughter, Katie, had no heartbeat. Sunday, the 7th, was the delivery. Please give her support during this time.
- Slowmama is remembering her loss three years ago July 14.
- Meredith at PithyDithy and her family were in a car accident last week. Her husband was killed. Please stop by and offer your condolences to her and her two boys. She has a long road ahead of her.
- Micha & Asaf Elman have suffered IF for years... lost twin girls at 22 weeks 18 months ago... and the last of a set of perfect twin boys today. They have endured the deaths of four of their children within days of their births. Please give them support.
- Myjourney7283 was told of her expected miscarriage due to blighted ovum. Please check out her blog to send her some warm wishes & support during this difficult time.
- Mrs Babydream just had a missed miscarriage. Found out at 12 week scan that baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks 5 days. A lot of support needed.
- Betty got her tattoo to mark the end to her family building experience... and then a week later got a call from a pastor they know asking if they would be interested in adopting a baby--privately and directly. They have an attorney and are now waiting to see if this all goes smoothly.
- Kechara at Notes from the Ninth Circle had her first RE appointment on Wednesday! She is getting ready to have Day 3 bloodwork and an HSG. Feel free to send suggestions and good thought!
- This family is going through the unimaginable having recently found out their 2 year old daughter is terminally ill, while pregnant with their second. Please send love their way.
- Jen is really hurting after her latest poor reaction to fertility meds and lack of funding for more aggressive treatment has led to the end of the road for her. She is moving forward with foster adoption plans but mourning the chance to hold another infant of hers after the loss of her son a year and a half ago. She could really use some virtual hugs and support on this new journey.
- Lynn and The Hubs are quietly celebrating. After 7 1/2 years of battling IF, they've been tentatively matched with a baby due in February! There are still a few things to get accomplished over the coming months, though, so they could sure use your thoughts and support as they embark on this new leg of their journey.
- JJ writes: "I'm struggling right now with turning 36 next month, which is the age my mom was when she died. Going through the IF journey without her has been really tough, but reaching this age is really hitting me hard. Any support is greatly appreciated!"
- May I Please Have More? has low beta numbers, with doubling time just outside the "good news" window. She is losing hope and could use some support right now.
- Will There Be a 4th Musketeer? is struggling with family members' insensitivity to their situation and could use some encouragement.
- None Today.
- Hilary (of Dan & Hilary) is 15 weeks pregnant!
- On Standby just found out she is pregnant again after three miscarriages. She might be starting lovenox or heparin injections and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used these meds to treat RPL.
- Una Loca is pregnant! Her beta numbers are great, but they found a subchorionic hemorrhage which is causing her distress and worry.
- Kelly gave birth to a baby girl, Alaina Grace, on July 1.
- Emily gave birth to baby Kaia on July 9th, after a difficult pregnancy, which included bedrest for 15+ weeks. Kaia is still in the hospital but is improving each day!
- Hopefulcc gave birth to her beautiful daughter Claire on the 6th of July.
- Single Hussy got a placement for a foster baby.
- Laura welcomed baby #2, Luke Michael Thomas on July 10 at 4:15 am. Another interesting birth but so very worth it.
- After a long wait, Jess finally has her take home baby! She and G brought Elle home this week after adopting her from FL.
- Sami gave birth to Cecelia on July 27 at 1:04 pm weighing in at 6lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long. All are doing well and big brother Squeaker is in love with her.
Read and Support