Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Creme de la Creme: The 2011 Creme de la Creme is now up and will be updated over the course of this month. The last day to submit a post is January 5th. Come read and enjoy.
- IComLeavWe: The January IComLeavWe list is now open. If being a better commenter was one of your resolutions, this project is for you.
- Traveling Blogger: A long time blogger will be in both the Fort Worth and San Antonio areas of Texas in the next few weeks and would love to meet up with some ALI bloggers during her travels. If you're up to meeting her (and yes, she is anonymous for now), email me and I will put you in touch with her.
- Cyclesista: Cyclesista has opened for 2012! May this be the year for all our cyclers, and the sooner the better. To read and support or to add your name to the list of people doing ART cycles, come on over.
- Giveaway: To celebrate 100,000 visitors on my blog, Our New Normal is celebrating with a giveaway!
- Blog Move: IVF Traveler's blog has moved to new digs. The new home is http://www.ivftraveler.com/blog, please stop by to check out her new place, or to look around at past posts about traveling abroad for IVF or donor egg IVF treatments.
- Project: Michele writes: "Did you have a traumatic birth event? Did you have a birth that everyone else considers 'normal' but it has left a scar on your heart because things didn't turn out as you'd expected or planned? Start 2012 by sharing your heart and starting the healing process. Michele writes about her feelings on birth trauma and future pregnancies, and welcomes your comments, thoughts, and sharing."
- Giveaway: Kelly is giving away her doppler (that kept her sane through a very precious pregnancy and resulted in the birth of her daughter) and tubes of ultrasound gel to anyone who wants it. There are two requests associated with it - one, that the shipping costs be handled by the recipient, and that the doppler be given away to someone in need once the recipient has finished using it. Please contact her if you are interested.
- Fundraiser: Rick Dillwood writes: "In 2008, Mel and Carey asked their neighbor, Rick, to help them start a family. They planned to share the birth mom role and eventually have two children, and they were looking for someone willing to be a donor for both pregnancies. Rick agreed and began documenting their evolving relationship, a project that three years later is almost complete. Help fund an independent film about the gray area Between Friends and Family."
- Project: Creating Motherhood has a call for guest posts about public assistance, WIC, medicaid, and those of us that have had to use them. Anonymous submissions welcome.
- Blog Move: No Longer Broken is moving to wordpress so that she has the opportunity to password protect posts if need be. She can be found here now.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Recipe for a Family (parenting after IF)
- Barren to Bonkers (parenting after international adoption)
- You Go in Shadows (neonatal death)
- The Road Less Traveled (IVF)
- The Stork Diaries (over 35 and ttc)
- Our Adventures Through Infertility (male factor)
- Hope Springs Eternal is celebrating her birthday on the 6th. Go sing her a little song.
- K at No Longer Broken is turning 33 on January 7th. She hopes that this new year comes with a pregnancy that sticks.
- The 3rd and 4th are impossibly difficult days for So Dear and Yet So Far. The 3rd is the day of Jacob's birth and death. And the 4th is Joshua's birth and death. Please surround her with love.
- Our Own Creation will be remembering Lennox and Zoe on their birthdate on the 3rd. Lennox died two days later on the 5th, and Zoe died many weeks later on the 24th. Please surround her with love.
- Please go give Jenn a hug as she has a bittersweet New Years: December 30th is the first birthday of her sweet baby, Ainsley, and the first remembrance of Ainsley's sister, Evelyn.
- After battling IF for over 3 years, M.G at Fertility Freak has lost her unborn son at 6 months pregnancy due to a cord issue. Please send her some kindness and support in this difficult time.
- Soldiertomother recently lost twins (again) and is dealing with the pain of multiple loss and secondary infertility and feels very alone. Please visit her blog and send a little love her way.
- Cats with Passports lost one of the twins she is carrying, Baby A, in the 22nd week. Baby B is doing well.
- Amy lost her third pregnancy over Christmas.
- Please go give ManyManyMoons a big hug. The adoption that she's been waiting for for so long fell through last minute.
- Bagmomma is coming to the end of an awful year and could use a huge helping of hugs.
- Frenchie writes: "I have non-ALI community friends who are in desperate need for their son, Holden. He spent 2 months in the NICU and now has feeding issues. He has a G-tube, but is not thriving. His mom and dad are trying to get him into a special feeding clinic, but insurance will not pay. They have a video on their blog, explaining their needs (warning, the video is heartbreaking to watch) but if you can visit, please give them support, and please consider donating (they have set up a paypal account on the blog). They are trying to raise 20K to get their son into this special clinic."
- Rebecca is losing hope for her current BFP and could use some major support. This pregnancy is from IVF#2 and she is contemplating giving up altogether. Please give her some love.
- Ankaisa's having a very rough year after the death of her father and brother and a close friend and could use a lot of love and support.
- After losing Baby A, Cats with Passports will be on strict hospital bedrest until Baby B is born -- hopefully a good long time.
- BIAGO heard the heartbeat!
- Amy got the results of her first trimester screening - mostly good, but low PAPP-A levels. Not panicked, but worried, and would love to hear how you had the same screening result but everything turned out fine (or not - all doses of reality welcome).
- After a touch and go labor and delivery Marianne is thrilled to announce the birth of her daughter Pipsqueak!
- Flmgodog at Sugardonor had her twin boys on December 13, 2011. These boys complete her family after seven losses, nine pregnancies. All are home and doing well. Big sister Izzie is thrilled, Flmgodog is happy that she never has to do this again.
- EBC gave birth to a healthy baby boy recently. Go wish her congratulations.
- On 12/22, Jess delivered triplets Henry, James and Elanor at 34 weeks. Impressively, she went into labor spontaneously and managed a vaginal delivery even though two were breech! They are all doing well.
Read and Support